Weefsel Pharma - An Eminent Anticoagulant Manufacturer, Exporter and Supplier in India
We at Weefsel Pharma, are proud manufacturer and exporter of more than two thousand pharmaceutical products; to over fifty countries. We deal in both core and allied, branded and generic types. It has been years of toilsome times before reaching where we are today. In the huge list of the products that have made us stand out in the competitive world of pharmacy, anticoagulants definitely hold an immensely important place.
|Tranexamic Acid Cream||5% w/w||View|
|Levocarnitine Injection||1gm / 5ml||View|
|Heparin Sodium Injection||25000 IU/5ml, 5000 IU/5ml||View|
|Atorvastatin and Clopidogrel Tablets||10mg + 75mg||View|
What is an Anticoagulant?
Anticoagulants, commonly known as blood thinners, are chemical substances that prevent or reduce coagulation of blood. They do so simply by prolonging the clotting time.
Anticoagulants are closely related to antiplatelet drugs and thrombolytic drugs that can influence the various pathways of blood coagulation. Speaking of which, antiplatelet drugs in particular, are known to inhibit platelets clumping together, whereas anticoagulants inhibit specific pathways of the coagulation cascade, which happen post initial platelet aggregation yet prior to the formation of fibrin and stable aggregated platelet products.
Different issues cured by Anticoagulants
- Atrial fibrillation— arterial appendage clot
- Coronary artery disease
- Deep vein thrombosis, leading pulmonary embolism
- Ischemic stroke
- Hypercoagulable states like Factor V Leiden, leading to deep vein thrombosis
- Mechanical heart valves
- Myocardial infarction]
- Pulmonary embolism
- Restenosis from stents
- Cardiopulmonary bypass or similar surgeries requiring temporary aortic occlusion
- Heart failure
Different types of Anticoagulants
- Coumarins (vitamin K antagonists)
- Heparin and derivative substances
- Low molecular weight heparin (LMWH)
- Synthetic pentasaccharide inhibitors of factor Xa
- Directly acting oral
- Direct factor Xa inhibitors
- Direct thrombin inhibitors
- Relevance to dental treatments
- Antithrombin protein therapeutics