An Eminent Laxative Medicines Manufacturer, Exporter and Supplier in India
With years of relentless hard work, we at Weefsel Pharma, have brought multifaceted and unparalleled expertise in the domain of pharmaceutical manufacturing and exporting. We are proudly maintaining a vast catalogue of core and allied pharmaceutical products that are being supplied across more than fifty countries, and we have generously included both branded as well as generic medicines in our catalogue.
There are a lot of over-the-counter medicines or pharmaceutical drugs that people take without any prescription, and hence the manufacturing and safe supplying of these items become all the more crucial. We at Weefsel Pharma, have been producing and supplying many such over-the-counter pharmaceutical drugs; among which the category of laxative medicines definitely deserves a mention.
|Sodium Picosulfate Tablets||10mg||View|
|Sodium Picosulfate Oral Solution||5mg/5ml||View|
What are Laxative Medicines?
Purgatives or aperients or what is more popular as laxatives; are pharmaceutical drugs that are used to treat constipation or problems like irritated bowel movements. These medicines are used to loosen stools and smoothen bowel movements, and may be administered both orally as well as rectally. Some laxative medicines may have a combination of more than one active ingredient.
Some stimulant, lubricant and saline laxatives are used to evacuate the colon for rectal and bowel examinations; and may be supplemented by enemas under certain circumstances.
Different laxatives differ in the way they work and the side effects they may have. Way too high doses of laxatives may cause diarrhea.
Different types of Laxative Medicines
- Bulk-forming laxatives or fiber supplements help stools in retaining liquid
- Osmotic laxatives increase the amount of water secreted into the bowels
- Stimulant laxatives stimulate the digestive tract walls to speed up bowel movements
- Stool softener laxatives reduce the surface tension of stools thereby helping them to absorb more water
- Lubricant laxatives lubricate the intestines by decreasing the amount of water absorbed
- Saline laxatives are like enemas that are used to empty the bowel or vacate colon area before surgery or some other acts
- Prokinetic laxatives are used in cases of severe constipation or severe irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and chronic idiopathic constipation.
Different dosages available for the Laxative medicines manufactured by Weefsel Pharma