Weefsel Pharma - One of the Prominent Global Leaders of Esomeprazole Manufacturing and Exporting in India
An ulcer is an open sore on an external or internal surface of the body, caused by a break in the skin or mucous membrane. There are four stages of ulcers. Stage I ulcers are those that are yet to break through the skin, stage II ulcers have a break in the top two layers of skin, stage III ulcers affect the top two layers of skin, as well as fatty tissue, and stage IV ulcers are the ones that have already created deep wounds that may affect muscle, tendons, ligaments, and bone.
At least one in every ten people develop some kind of ulcer. However, there are medications like Esomeprazole, Dexlansoprazole, etc, that are quite helpful in healing ulcers. As a globally reputed pharmaceutical manufacturing and exporting company, we do maintain a strong inventory of such anti-ulcer medications to be delivered at any point of time, anywhere in the world.
|Esomeprazole Tablets||20mg, 40mg||View|
|Esomeprazole and Domperidone Capsules||40mg + 30mg||View|
What is Esomeprazole?
Esomeprazole is an FDA-approved anti-ulcer medication. It happens to be a proton pump inhibitor used to treat GERD, reduce the risk of NSAID-associated gastric ulcers, eradicate H. pylori, and also to treat conditions causing gastric acid hypersecretion.
What are the uses of Esomeprazole? : Diseases or Health Issues treated by Esomeprazole
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Stress Ulcers
- Upper Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Acute benign gastric ulcers
- Develop NSAID-induced gastric ulcers
- Maintenance of healing Erosive esophagitis
- Postendoscopy Bleeding
How does Esomeprazole work?
Being a proton pump inhibitor (PPI), Esomeprazole works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
It prevents the final step in gastric acid production by strongly binding to sulfhydryl groups of cysteines found on the (H+, K+)-ATPase enzyme at the secretory surface of gastric parietal cells. This eventually leads to the inhibition of both basal and stimulated gastric acid secretion, irrespective of the stimulus.
How long does Esomeprazole take to show full results?
One starts to feel better within 2 to 3 days, but it may take up to 4 weeks for esomeprazole to work fully.
Common Dosage Strengths/Powers of Esomeprazole
- Esomeprazole 20 mg
- Esomeprazole 30 mg
- Esomeprazole 40 mg
Esomeprazole Dosage Forms Manufactured by Weefsel Pharma
Esomeprazole Manufactured by Weefsel Pharma
Popular Brand Names
How to store Esomeprazole?
This medication can be stored at a room temperature range of 15°C to 30°C. However, it should be kept away from excess heat or even moisture.
Common Side Effects of Esomeprazole
- Abdominal pain
- dry mouth
There can be a few severe side effects like the following:
- blisters, peeling, or bleeding skin; sores on the lips, nose, mouth, or genitals; swollen glands; shortness of breath; fever; or flu-like symptoms
- rash; hives; itching; swelling of the eyes, face, lips, mouth, throat, or tongue; difficulty breathing or swallowing; or hoarseness
- irregular, fast, or pounding heartbeat; muscle spasms; uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body; excessive tiredness; lightheadedness; dizziness; or seizures
- severe diarrhea with watery stools, stomach pain, or fever that does not go away
- new or worsening joint pain; rash on cheeks or arms that is sensitive to sunlight
- increased or decreased urination, blood in urine, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, fever, rash, or joint pain
Substituents of Esomeprazole
- Alkyl aryl ether
- Aromatic heteropolycyclic compound
- Heteroaromatic compound
- Hydrocarbon derivative
- Organic nitrogen compound
- Organic oxide
- Organic oxygen compound
- Organonitrogen compound
- Organooxygen compound
- Organopnictogen compound
- Organosulfur compound
- Sulfinyl compound