Weefsel Pharma - Fluoxetine Tablets Manufacturer and Exporter
A lot has been said off late about the various forms of mental illness; that might arise at any age and under any circumstances. While awareness regarding the most uncommon forms of depression are buzzing, we at Weefsel Pharma, are manufacturing and exporting various pharmaceutical drugs to combat such disorders. Duloxetine, Dapoxetine and Fluoxetine are a few names that have already gained a strong market base, both domestically as well as internationally.
What is Fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine is an antidepressant medicine, under the category of the Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI), and Schedule H. It has some popular brand names like Prozac and Sarafem.
How does Fluoxetine work?
Fluoxetine is not associated with the inhibition of norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake at therapeutic doses. However, it does slow down the reuptake of serotonin, resulting in serotonin persisting longer when it is released. In simplest terms, this particular medicine works by increasing the levels of a chemical substance in the brain called serotonin. It has been found effective in bringing out a significant increase in synaptic norepinephrine and dopamine among rats, during clinical trials.
Ways of Administering Fluoxetine
Fluoxetine is usually taken in the form of tablets, but it may also be taken in the form of liquid syrups; as prescribed by a medical practitioner.
Common Usage or Treatments by Fluoxetine
- Major depressive disorder in adults
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorders like Bulimia nervosa
- Panic attacks
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
- Major depressive disorder in adolescents and children of eight years of age and over.
- Premature ejaculation
- Appetite issues
Usual Side effects of Fluoxetine
- Serotonin syndrome or toxicity
- Drowsiness or yawning
- Sleeping disorder
- Loss of appetite
- Excess sweating
- Unusual high energy/excitement
- Suicidal thoughts
- Bruising or Bleeding
- Muscle spasms
- Unusual weight loss
- Breathing problems
- Allergy in a rare case
- Prolonged or painful erection
- Vomiting or even diarrhoea
When to avoid Fluoxetine?
- Kidney problems
- Eye pain or issues with the pupil or even Glaucoma
- Heart problems
- Liver problems
- Low or severe dehydration
- Stomach or intestinal ulcers
- QT prolongation
- Pregnancy (consult Doctor)
- If taking certain serotonergic drugs or anticoagulants or NSAIDS medicines, due to blood-thinning effects
Compatibility with other medicines
- Tramadol- Severe
- Amoxapine- Severe
- Tamoxifen- Severe
- Diuretics- Medium
- Bromocriptine- Medium
- Phenytoin- Medium
- Metoprolol- Medium