Weefsel Pharma - Gabapentin Capsules Manufacturer and Exporter in India
Neurological problems are some very crucial medical problems that medical science works on. Convulsions, commonly referred to as seizures; is one such neurotic issue that has got some serious repercussions. Weefsel Pharma happens to manufacture and export some anticonvulsant pharmaceutical drugs like Pregabalin and Gabapentin, that have been found very effective.
|Gabapentin Capsules||100mg, 300mg, 400mg, 600mg, 800mg||View|
|Gabapentin Tablets||100mg, 300mg, 400mg, 600mg, 800mg||View|
What is Gabapentin?
Having the brand name of Neurontin along with few others, Gabapentin is an anticonvulsant pharmaceutical drug; primarily used to treat partial seizures and neuropathic pain. This particular pharmaceutical drug is a first-line medication for the treatment of neuropathic pain caused by diabetic neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia, and central pain.
How does Gabapentin work?
Gabapentin works by reducing the abnormal electrical activity and blocking the movement of pain signals to the brain. Its effect is seen in two to three hours, and remains in the body for about one or two days.
Ways of administering Gabapentin
Gabapentin is usually consumed in the form of tablets as well as capsules; having strengths of 100 mg, 300 mg, 400 mg, 600 mg and 800 mg.
Common usage and treatments by Gabapentin
- Epilepsy: Epilepsy occurs due to an abnormal brain activity causing seizures or fits. Gabapentin is used to treat partial-onset seizures.
- Neuropathic pain: Neuropathic pain refers to a pain, occurring out of a nerve injury or damage. This might include shooting or burning pain with a feeling of numbness or a loss of sensation. Gabapentin has been found effective in the treatment of such neuropathic pain.
Usual side effects of Gabapentin
- Uncontrolled eye movements
- Agitation and anxiety
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Blurred vision
- Lower back pain
- Increased appetite
- Change in vision
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
When to avoid Gabapentin?
- Withdrawal symptoms
Compatibility of Gabapentin with other medicines
- Buprenorphine- Severe
- Duloxetine- Medium
Substitutes of Gabapentin
- Aliphatic homomonocyclic compound
- Amino acid
- Amino fatty acid
- Carbonyl group
- Carboxylic acid
- Fatty acyl
- Gamma amino acid or derivatives
- Hydrocarbon derivative
- Monocarboxylic acid or derivatives