Weefsel Pharma- Modafinil Manufacturer and Exporter
One of the most common lifestyle health issues that is occurring to most of us these days, is disturbed pattern of sleep. While some may suffer from lack of sleep, i,e insomnia; others might suffer from sleepiness as well.
Weefsel Pharma has successfully gained a great track record of manufacturing and exporting highly effective pharmaceutical drugs like Modafinil, that is extremely useful for treating sleepiness or improving wakefulness among patients.
What is Modafinil?
Having the brand name of Provigil along with some others, Modafinil is known to be a highly effective pharmaceutical drug to treat sleepiness due to narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorder, or even obstructive sleep apnea. It might even be referred to as a cognitive enhancer to improve wakefulness.
How does Modafinil work?
Modafinil seems to act on dopamine and modulate certain areas in the brain. It acts typically as a selective and weak dopamine reuptake inhibitor which indirectly activates the release of orexin neuropeptides and histamine from the lateral hypothalamus and tuberomammillary nucleus in the brain, respectively; all of which may contribute to a much-heightened arousal.
Ways of administering Modafinil
Modafinil is usually consumed in the form of oral tablets, having 100 and 200 mg strengths. It is also marketed as the (R)-enantiomer and armodafinil. Another prodrug of it is also available as adrafinil.
Common usage or treatments by Modafinil
- Narcolepsy: It is a typically long term neurological disorder concerning sleep-wake cycles, often manifested as excessive daytime sleepiness.
- Shift work disorder: It happens to be a circadian rhythm sleep disorder, often manifested as insomnia, excessive sleepiness, or both affecting people whose working hours coincide with the usual sleeping hours.
- Sleep apnea: This is one of the most common sleep-related breathing disorders, and often manifested as recurrent episodes of complete or partial obstruction of the upper airway leading to lack of breathing during sleep.
Usual side effects of Modafinil
- Black stools
- Severe Chest pain
- Difficulty in urinating
- Severe Hypersensitivity
- Skin rashes
- Trouble sleeping
- Severe bleeding or bruising
When to avoid Modafinil?
- Cardiovascular ailments
- Liver problems
- Psychiatric issues
Compatibility of Modafinil with other medicines
- Bosutinib- Severe
- Clopidogrel- Severe
- Deflazacort- Severe
- Fentanyl- Severe
- Ranolazine- Severe
Substitutes of Modafinil
- Aromatic homomonocyclic compound
- Benzyl alkyl sulfoxide
- Benzyl sulfoxide
- Carbonyl group
- Carboxamide group
- Carboxylic acid derivative
- Hydrocarbon derivative
- Organic nitrogen compound
- Organic oxide